Support --- from SoftShell Computer Services, Inc.
[ Home | History | News | Products ]
Problems have been discovered after Pc Mars was released.
See the link to Pc Mars for Windows (Full) page for details.
program can be downloaded from the web.
Problems have been discovered after Pc Mars Plus was released..
See the link to Pc Mars Plus page for details.
Update (fixes) program can be
downloaded from the web.
Printer problems with Pc Mars (and other DOS products)
PC Mars DOS version is typical of most DOS based programs in that the print routine requires some 'intelligence' in the printer to interpret the print
commands that the program sends each time a report is called for. If you upgrade your printer, be sure the new printer has some resident intelligence!
Below is a list of printers that have been tested with our DOS programs and will work. Also is a list of printers that do not work or that are more
difficult to get working.
List of OK Printers
- HP Laserjet Series
- HP Deskjet 500-560, 600, 610, 612, 672, 674, 680, 682, 684, 693, 694, 812, 820, 842cse, 870, 882, 890, 932, 952, 960c, 970c, 1600,
- Cannon 100, 200e, 210e, 230, 600, 610, 4000, 4100
- Epson - all Dot Matrix and Laser models as of 2/97
- Epson Stylus 600, 640, 800, 880, 1520, 3000
- IBM - all dot matrix
- OKI - All dot matrix
- OKI - 400, 400e, 410e, 600, 610e, 800, 810e, 820
- Panasonic - suggest EPSON mode (DMP), Laser OK
- Xerox Workcenter 480cx
List of NOT OK Printers
- HP Deskjet 400 series (all models beginning with 4)
- HP Deskjet 700 series (all models beginning with 7)
- HP 722, HP 400L, HP 1000c, HP Officejet 500, 570, 600
- Epson Stylus 660, xxx (Photo)
- Lexmark - Winwriter 150 and other Winwriters (2030 etc.). Most Lexmark Ink Jets are not OK
- OKI - don't use OKI ink jets
- OKIDATA 4w laser doesn't work
- Printers not on the list of OK printers probably will not work
- USB connected printers do not work
- Most multi-function units
? More Difficult ?
- Cannon 240, 250, 4200, 620 - frequently need "4 pack" of driver disks to change the printer to "LQ" mode. Cannon printers MUST be in LQ
Support Contact Information
- Postal address
- 23588 E. Ave.
- Eldora, IA 50627-7512
- Electronic mail
- Customer Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page last updated on 3/4/10