- It should be obvious to everyone by now that,
wittingly or not, George W. Bush is in the process of creating a
communist-style form of government in the United States. As details
emerge regarding his new Department of Homeland Security, we discover
that Bush and his band of belligerent brothers have begun the process
of turning the federal government into a gargantuan police state not
seen since Hitler's Third Reich and Stalin's Soviet Union.
- According to press reports, Bush plans to do the
- 1. Merge 22 federal police and emergency agencies
into his new Department of Homeland Security. (Say hello to the new SS
- 2. Create standardized biometric travel documents
("Show me your papers or your iris. Sieg Heil.")
- 3. Develop "screening tools to predict human
behavior, such as 'hostile intent.'" (Hello Dept. of
- 4. Allow federal police to search and seize at will.
(Goodbye 4th Amendment.)
- 5. Allow federal police to incarcerate and
indefinitely hold suspects without arrest or warrant and with no legal
recourse by the person seized. (Goodbye 5th Amendment. Hello
- 6. Implement a national driver's license. (Hello
- 7. Allow the U.S. military to conduct lethal
operations on U.S. soil. (Goodbye Posse Comitatus.)
- 8. Allow the President to unilaterally procure
taxpayer dollars without the consent of Congress. (Goodbye U.S.
- 9. Allow the federal government to act in secret.
(Hello East German Secret Police, Stasi. Goodbye Freedom of
- 10. Create a "Domestic Informant" program whereby
millions of Americans are authorized to spy on their fellow citizens
on behalf of the federal government. (Hello Communist Amerika.)
- According to the Sydney Morning Herald and other
news outlets, Bush plans to enlist 1 in 24 Americans into a new
citizen-spy department. This number dwarfs the number of citizen spies
used by former East-Bloc countries.
- The Justice Department is scheduled to launch a
pilot program next month in 10 cities using 1 million informants. The
SMH rightly stated, "Historically, informant systems have been the
tools of non- democratic states." It would seem that a
"non-democratic" state is exactly what Bush is creating.
- In Nazi Germany, churches, pastors, and
conservatives assisted the creation of tyrannical government. That is
exactly what is happening right now in the United States. What we
thought we needed to fear from liberals, we find being championed by
- Right now, George Bush and his fellow travelers
compose the greatest threat to freedom and constitutional government
that exists. Instead of fighting terrorism, they are actually
destroying the very principles of liberty that they claim to be
- America survived the attacks on September 11. It may
not survive the Bush administration.
- ©-2002 - Chuck Baldwin Live commentaries may not be
reprinted or republished without permission. All Rights