In the late 1920s, Charlie Reed built this gas station on the site of a smaller station located about one hundred yards east. The new station was moved to its present site in October, 1930. At first called the Lincoln & Jefferson Service Station, it was known as Reedís Standard Service Station from the early 1930s until it closed in 1967.
Here motorists could buy gasoline, oil, and such other necessities of auto travel as tires, batteries, cigarettes and cigars, soda pop, and candy. Until the late 1940s, they could also have motor oil changed and tires repaired, but no mechanical services were ever provided. For most of its life, the station was open around the clock and also was a stop for intercity buses operated by the Greyhound and Jefferson lines.
The flared roofline and large canopy are striking features of this station. Its unknown architect took other features from several popular styles of house design linked to the Arts and Crafts movement of the early twentieth century. Equipped with vintage Red Crown gas pumps, the station has been restored to the way it looked in the 1940s.