What Do You Know?
By Benjamin Friedrich
Questions and Answers
Answers to the harder
- What is the state bird?
- What is the state rock?
- What is the state tree?
- What is the capitol city?
- Who is the governor?
- What is Iowa's nickname?
- What is the state motto?
we prize and our rights we will maintain.
- What is the state song?
Song of Iowa
- When did Iowa first become a
- Where was the first capitol
- How did the Iowa State Cyclones get their name?
28, 1895 Iowa State (then called Iowa Agricultural College) beat
Northwestern 36-0 in Evanston, Illinois. The next day the Chicago
Tribune headline said, "Iowa Cyclone Devastates Northwestern
36-0". The nickname stuck and became official.
- Where in the U.S. is the shortest
and steepest railroad?
Elevator in Dubuque.
- Who was the Territorial Governor?
- How many people ( estimated
) are there in Iowa?
In 1994 it
- Who was the first white settler
to live in Iowa?
- What is the percentage of Iowans
who live on farms?
- What president has a memorial
outside the capitol building?
and his son Tad.
For more information about Iowa: Iowa
A link for Kids: Iowa
If you want to learn about soil from a worm: S.
April 11, 2000