Welcome to the History Center

Mayor's Message

City Government

Businesses

Schools

Contact Us

Churches

North English Public Library

Memorial Day Flags

Saturday Morning Club

Every Saturday - 6:00 a.m. - NOON

Some call it the Saturday Morning Club, and others call it the Coffee Shop and History Center. Owned and operated by Dave Jackson, this is the "hot spot" in North English on Saturday mornings. Stop by for some fun sometime.

Bob and Kristi Black, local Bluegrass musicians, played the "Ballad of Bertha Ballard," "Hickory Ridge," and "The Diamond Trail during Greene Valley Days," at the center one morning.  Bob Black played banjo with the legendary Bill Monroe, Father of Bluegrass, and lives in the Greene Valley/Hinkletown area.

On a rainy morning on Main Street, before the celebration parade began, these ladies of the Class of 1957 were out, looking at the town. They are Agnes Pope Guzzardo, Roscoe, IL; Julia Martin Reber, North English; Betty Colbert Hellman, Waterloo, IA; Mary Sue Grove Hawk, Denver, CO; Janice Schultz Westerholm, Albuquerque, NM; Jane Andrews Hedden, Green Valley, AZ. The History Center is a great place for reunions.

These members of the Class of 1967 visited
the History Center with some of their spouses: Mike Thomas (Francis Worrell's husband), Helen and Bob Jorgenson, Donna Swink Hospordarsky, Honore Hogendorn Johnston, Arthur Peck, Francis Worrell Thomas, Peggy Murphy Osbourne, Beverly Hayes Brink, Denny Denton, and Darrell Seaba.

LOCATION:

121 SOUTH MAIN STREET

NORTH ENGLISH, IOWA

NEXT TO NORTH ENGLISH LIBRARY

Featuring

A Day of Hunting at Flint Ridge Column

The North English Violin

 

Top of Page

Home Page