|D. Rescue! (P)
Briefing: In the previous few days, the enemy's offensive has raged. In the process, a friendly company has become trapped behind enemy lines. Fortunately, the enemy screening forces are presently thin. It may be possible for a small force to strike quickly and rescue some of the company. Your orders are to penetrate the enemy screen, and evacuate as much of the friendly company as possible.
Prevailing Attitude: Hold (See MSR 3 & 5)
|Enemy SAN||Friendly SAN||Enemy AC||Friendly
Mapboard Selection: A8a. Three mapboards are determined (A8a)
before play begins.
No other mapboards are to be activated. On dr 1-3, place numbered end of mapboard to the north.
VPO Locations: See Friendly S? Placement Entry.
Friendly S? Placement/Entry: Take 12S? to represent the Friendly trapped company. Two VPOs are selected as follows: 1) Roll for a VPO Location on the middle board and place a Friendly VPO counter; 2) Place a Friendly VPO counter on the next closest (in hexes) VPO. Divide the 12S? into 2 groups of 6S? each, and place them in and around the VPOs that were selected. If there are not at least 6 concealment terrain hexes in/within 3 hexes of each VPO, then reroll. If none of the VPOs have concealment terrain within 3 hexes of them, roll for another board. EXAMPLE: The board rolled for is 33. One of the VPO's rolled for is 33B5. Since there is only 5 concealment terrain hexes in/within three hexes of 33B5, a different VPO setup must be made. In addition, the trapped units may be low on ammo. After set-up, make a dr: 1-3 = No Effect; 4-6 = All "trapped" units suffer from “Ammo Shortage” (A19.131).
Enemy S? Placement/Entry: Place S? as per 4.1 case a and b. No Enemy S? can be placed on/adjacent to a Friendly S?. All non-City mapboards are considered as “village” boards for purposes of Enemy S? placement in “Built-Up Areas” per S4.12.
Sequence: Friendly S? are placed on the two VPOs on middle board. Enemy S? are placed on all three boards. Friendly units are then set up offboard and may enter anywhere along the FBE on/after turn 1. The Friendly side moves first.
Mission End: The Mission ends immediately when the last Friendly unit leaves the mapboard or is eliminated.
1) There is a +1 DRM to the colored die of each DR on Table A11.
2) The Friendly side is granted transport to help with the evacuation. Before setup, make a DR(x7) to determine the type of vehicles granted to your unit. Your unit is granted three of this type. Any/all vehicles may be refused after determination.
3) Friendly S? are activated the same way as Enemy S? are, by your Friendly company. Friendly S? have a Hold Attitude. When activated, the units are under the player’s control the same as the Friendly company. Make a careful note of the units activated from the Friendly S?, because they are used to determine VPs.
4) Enemy S? on the mapboard nearest the FBE have an AC# of “2” until the last Friendly S? is activated.
5) Enemy S? have a Hold Attitude until the last Friendly S? is activated. When that occurs, all Enemy S? and units change to Advance Attitude for the rest of the mission. The Friendly units activated from the Friendly S? are treated as VPO's (S9.25).
6) Enemy S? which exit the FBE may not re-enter and do not count for VP purposes.
7) No Friendly unit can be evacuated off the FBE until all Friendly S? have been activated.
8) CA facing: The ENEMY isn't expecting the rescue attempt. Any activated units on the board nearest the FBE, with a weapon with a CA,(this includes MMG & HMG (A9.21)) must roll a die to determine their facing upon activation. 1-2=toward the unit that activated it. 3-6=toward the nearest Friendly S?.
(Mission Design Rescue!: Copyright, Ken Scheer, 1999)
Return to Custom Missions
Return to Main.