news from the sustainable future
Make a difference in and with your life in lots of ways while helping others close to home and around the world.
The Worldchanging website highlights many opportunities in a variety of disciplines from nanotechnology to fashion. Some examples:
- "Hot rocks" for home energy
- Free bicycles in Paris
- Indonesia's efforts to keep its forests
- Jeff Christian and the Buildings Technology Center at the Oak Ridge National Labs, conducting research on five prototype houses that cost between 60 cents and one dollar a day in energy costs
- Venture capitalists investing in green technologies
- Professor Ron Deibert, director of Citizen Lab at the University of Toronto, creating a remarkable institution to research the intersection of civic politics and digital technology
- Toronto's Transit Camp
Explore issues like shelter, cities, community, business, and politics to see what you can do to help make the future one we'll enjoy living.