Welcome to the beginner's section of the guide. This portion is intended solely to get your CD updated and create a basic Unattended disc. What this means, is that you get your CD/DVD updated with the latest service packs and hotfixes and automating the majority of Windows Setup.
What you will need:
- A Windows CD. This portion of the guide is applicable with Windows 2000 through Windows 2003.
- The Service Pack you wish to use for your operating system. You will need the NETWORK INSTALL. It's the larger of the two options to download. Windows 2000 SP4 - Windows XP SP1a - Windows XP SP2
- The Deployment tools for your operating system. This guide will cover the build for Windows XP SP2. Those can be found here
- Step 1 - Creating a Local Source
- Step 2 - Slipstreaming Latest Service Pack
- Step 3 -
Updating Setup Source with Latest Hotfixes
- Step 4 - Creating a Basic Unattended Setup
- Finalising and Testing the CD