MANUFACTURING & DEVELOPMENT, LTD
Proof Of Concept
Heavy Duty Diesel Powered Vehicles
- Fosseen Manufacturing & Development, Ltd (FMD) will install the
ThrottleMaster and our Hydrofire
hydrous-ethanol fuel injection system on the demonstration vehicle.
- FMD will provide the hydrous-ethanol for the demonstration.
- The demonstration property will contribute a person to operate the
demonstration unit for the field evaluations.
- A comparison cycle of vehicle/engine operation will be determined using
a test track or route that requires stop and go operation. In the case
of stationary engines, a repeatable power cycle will be established for
- FMD will contract a third party (preferably a university) to document
vehicle overall performance, engine emissions, opacity, and fuel economy
between baseline diesel operation and Hydrofire,
- Small calibrated fuel tanks will be used to measure vehicle fuel usage.
Performance will be determined by time required to complete
a 1/2 to 1 mile test course, using repeatable acceleration and deceleration
- diesel fuel consumed to complete the test track cycle (baseline)
- diesel/ethanol consumed to complete the test track cycle
- engine emission comparisons will be recorded
- vehicle performance comparisons will be recorded
- all demonstration procedures will be documented with photographs.
- FMD will install and remove the entire system and return the vehicle/engine
back to original configurations after the demonstration is completed and
the retrofit hardware will be shipped to participating OEM's for further
- At the conclusion of the demonstration the fleet property will host
a meeting to include the third party researchers, participating OEM representatives,
FMD personnel and demonstration fleet officials to discuss the results
from the field demonstration. During this meeting, data from the field
tests along with input and direction from the meeting participants, the
third party research committee will begin the development for a feasibilitymodel.
This feasibilitymodel will cover the numerous implementationsthe host fleet
must incorporate for FMD's alternate fuel technology. A final report will
be distributed by the research committee at a later date to all participating
- If the decision is made to implement this technology, FMD will offer
our complete Hydrofire -- ThrottleMaster
retrofit system on a 36 month lease-to-own payment program. The monthly
lease payment to FMD will be equal to the fuel mileage and maintenance
savings your fleet will be getting as a result of retrofitting your vehicles
to FMD's alternate fuel system.
to Index] [E-Mail to FMD]
The Time For A Cleaner Environment
And Renewable Energy Draws Near