MY HOPEFULLY HELPFUL HINTS AND TIPS FOR SURVIVING
THE DAILY STRUGGLES OF LIVING WITH CHRONIC ILLNESSES
- Back Pillows! Back Pillows! Back Pillows!
- Heating pads help loosen up tightened muscles.
- Change positions as often as you need to.
- Use footrests when sitting in chairs -- you should not feel the
chair pushing on the back of your legs. If you feel pressure there, it's
pulling the muscles from your low back. There are lots of great footrests
out there, but a small portable/folding one is best -- lightweight and
compact so that you can take it with you everywhere.
- GET UP AND STRETCH WHEN YOU NEED TO!!!!!
- Keep your knees bent when lying down -- use pillows, especially
the ones in the catalogs.(good for legs too!)
- Did I mention Back Pillows??????? :)
Please! If you have found things that help you in any
of these areas, let me know! You can click here to
fill in a form with your helpful hint and if you'll include your name,
I'll list your name as the contributor. Make sure you list your name as
you'd like to see it appear.
Please feel free to send
me an e-mail to ask any questions. I'd be happy to try to
answer your questions from my personal experience, or if possible, I will
try to seek out an answer for you. I'm dedicated to helping you get through
your chronic illness - no matter how big or small your question is, it's
worth asking - if I can't answer you, I'll let you know!
[Back to Index] [Next Page]