City Hall


Public Safety


Culture & Recreation


Public Works


Economic Development


Facts & Figures






City Hall: 411 Lombard St. 563-452-3625

Frequently Asked Questions

If you have questions you would like answered in this space please submit them to City Hall.

Q: Do I need a building permit and how much does one cost?
A: Building permits are required for construction projects within the city limits.
This includes but is not limited to: new construction, additions, remodeling, cement, fences, and utility sheds. Please call City Hall for permit fees.

Q: When are water bills sent out,when is payment due & where can I pay my bill?
A: Bills are sent out on the first of each month. Payment is due by the 20th of that month and may be mailed or
brought in to City Hall or placed in either the outside or inside drop boxes. Automatic payment is also available.

Q: When are garbage & recycling picked up?
Garbage is picked up on Wednesdays. Recycling is done on the
2nd and 4th Tuesdays, and any 5th Tuesday of the month. Commercial garbage is picked up on Thursdays.

Q: When is the annual city-wide Garage Sale Day?
Garage sale day is normally the first Saturday in June.

Q: What should I do with branches?

A:  City maintenance men pick up small amounts of branches & sticks on Mondays if they are of manageable size and placed by the roadside.

Q: Where do I vote?

A: City Hall is the official polling place for Clarence.

Q: Can I burn trash or leaves?

A: Yes, backyard burning of residential waste on the premises of the property where such waste is generated is allowed. Leaf burning is not allowed on streets or alleys. Bagged leaves will be picked up on Mondays.

Q: How do I rent a park shelter?

A: The two closed park shelters can be rented for $25 plus a $25 cleaning deposit by calling City Hall at 452-3625 from approximately April 15th - October 15th. You will need to fill out a form and pick up a key at the clerk's office. The open shelter is "first come first served". The new kitchen area with open shelter can be rented for a fee of $50 plus a $50 deposit which is returnable after inspection.

Q: A street light in my neighborhood is not working, who do I call?

A: Alliant Energy services the street lights and can be reached at 800-822-4348. Or visit the website to report online.

Q: Does the City of Clarence have a curfew for minors?

A: Yes, it is unlawful for any minor (person below the age of 18 years) to be or remain upon any of the alleys, streets or public places or to be in places of business and amusement in the City between the hours of: 10:00 p.m. on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday eveings to 5:00 a.m. of the following morning. 12:00 midnight on Friday & Saturday evenings to 5:00 a.m. of the following morning.