City of Oxford Junction, Iowa
Posted: Sept 10, 2012
PUBLIC MEETING OF OXFORD JUNCTION CITY COUNCIL
Sept 11, 2012 7:00 p.m.
MEETING ROOM OF WREGIE MEMORIAL LIBRARY, 105 W. BROADWAY
CALL TO ORDER
1. Approve agenda
2. Approval of consent agenda: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion.
a) Minutes of Aug Reg
b) Sept Bill List
c) Aug Financials
3. Visitors-Nicole Schueller-Allied Waste; Maggie Burger-Speer Financial; Sheri Rice-USDA (letter of conditions for Fire Dept Roof Grant); Marc Ruden-IIW Engineers; Rob Coker-dog issues
DEPARTMENT AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
JONES COUNTY SHERIFF –
MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT-Discuss and/or approve guys attending Winter Maintenance Operator Workshop in Dubuque on Oct. 12.
MAYOR- Discuss City truck usage
CITY CLERK-Discuss and/or approve attending DataTech user group meeting in Waverly on Oct 23rd.
JUNCTION FOR OPPORTUNITIES-
CURB/GUTTER- Discuss payment schedules from Speer Financial; Discuss and/or approve Resolution 2012-18 to fix a date for a public hearing on a general obligation refunding loan agreement
WATER MAIN PROJECT-
WELL PROJECT- Discuss options that Mayor researched since last meeting; Set bid opening date and public hearing date for plans and specs w/bid award.
4. Discuss new wording and set public hearing for Ban on Outdoor Furnaces Ordinance.
5. Discuss and/or approve service agreement with ECICOG for home inspections.
6. Discuss and/or approve making a long term plan for run-down houses.
7. Discuss and/or approve renewing liquor license for Schakey’s Place
8. Discuss and/or approve new liquor license with outdoor service for Wapsi Tap.
9. Discuss and/or approve sings on Broadway for children at play.
10. Public Response.