City of Oxford Junction, Iowa
Posted: September 13, 2010
PUBLIC MEETING OF OXFORD JUNCTION CITY COUNCIL
September 14, 2010 7:00 p.m.
MEETING ROOM OF WREGIE MEMORIAL LIBRARY, 105 W. BROADWAY
CALL TO ORDER
1. Approve agenda
2. Approval of consent agenda: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion.
a) Minutes of August Regular Meeting
b) September Bill List
c) August Financials
3. Public Hearing: To receive input on the Water Revenue Loan and Disbursement Agreement.
4. Discuss and/or approve Resolution 2010-18 “Taking additional action to enter into a Water Revenue Loan & Disbursement Agreement”
5. Public Hearing: To receive input from the community concerning the amendment of the City Code of Ordinances Title VI Physical Environment, Chapter 5 Utility Billing Charges, Section 6-5-8 Water Rates.
6. First reading of the amendment of the City Code of Ordinances Title VI Physical Environment, Chapter 5 Utility Billing Charges, Section 6-5-8 Water Rates.
7. Optional Waiving of the 2nd and 3rd Readings of the Amendment to the City Code of Ordinances Title VI, Chapter 5, Section 6-5-8.
8. Approve and adopt the amendment of the City Code of Ordinances Title VI, Chapter 5, Section 6-5-8.
9. Visitors: Mark Jobgen-IIW Engineering; Michael VanDorn;
DEPARTMENT AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
JONES COUNTY SHERIFF
MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT-Discuss and/or approve quote from MVP for repairs at the well house. Discuss yard waste pickup policy. Discuss getting tractor checked out by Lasack’s before winter. Discuss Brown Truck
CITY CLERK- Complaint forms; snow shoveling;
JUNCTION FOR OPPORTUNITIES-
WATER PROJECT-Discuss and/or approve Resolution 2010-19 Approving contract and performance and/or payment bonds for the Water Distribution Improvements 2010 Main St and 1st Ave N Project.
WELL PROJECT- Set date for special meeting in Oct for CDBG Application for Well Project.
10. Discuss and/or approve Resolution 2010-17 RUT Report (Street Finance).
11. Discuss and/or approve renewing liquor license for Schakey’s Place.
12. Discuss “No Livestock in City Limits” ordinance.
13. Discuss “Height of Grass” ordinance.
14. Set hours for Trick or Treating.
15. Public Response.