City of Oxford Junction, Iowa
Posted: Oct 8, 2012
PUBLIC MEETING OF OXFORD JUNCTION CITY COUNCIL
Oct 9, 2012 7:00 p.m.
MEETING ROOM OF WREGIE MEMORIAL LIBRARY, 105 W. BROADWAY
CALL TO ORDER
1. Approve agenda
2. Approval of consent agenda: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion.
a) Minutes of Sept Reg & Spec
b) Oct Bill List
c) Sept Financials
4. PUBLIC HEARING FOR GENERAL OBLIGATION LOAN REFINANCING (FIRE TRUCK)
5. Visitors-Maggie Burger-Speer Financial; Marlene Flory
DEPARTMENT AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
JONES COUNTY SHERIFF –
MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT-Region 1 Iowa Water Annual Conference in Manchester on Oct 24th; Discuss getting a new furnace in shop
MAYOR- Discuss new water meters & meter at school
JUNCTION FOR OPPORTUNITIES-
CURB/GUTTER-Discuss and/or approve Resolution 2012-21 approving a Loan Agreement, combining Loan Agreements and providing for the sale of General Obligation Corporate Purpose and Refunding Bonds, Series 2012
6. Discuss and/or approve getting carts and 5 yr contract with Allied Waste.
7. Discuss new wording and set date for public hearing on outdoor furnaces ordinance
8. Discuss and/or approve Resolution 2012-20 Setting wage for new librarian
9. Discuss and/or approve home based sewing and alteration business.
10. Public Response.