City of Oxford Junction, Iowa
Posted: October 11, 2010
PUBLIC MEETING OF OXFORD JUNCTION CITY COUNCIL
October 12, 2010 7:00 p.m.
MEETING ROOM OF WREGIE MEMORIAL LIBRARY, 105 W. BROADWAY
CALL TO ORDER
1. Approve agenda
2. Approval of consent agenda: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion.
a) Minutes of Sept Regular Meeting
b) Oct Bill List
c) Sept Financials
3. Visitors: Marc Ruden-IIW Engineering; Brian Rodenberg-Midland Comm Schools; Gary Hughes-ECICOG; Marv Vacek
DEPARTMENT AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
JONES COUNTY SHERIFF
CITY CLERK- Budget workshop in Hiawatha on Nov 17th
JUNCTION FOR OPPORTUNITIES-
WATER MAIN PROJECT- Discuss and/or approve setting Nov 9, 2010 as date of Public Hearing to provide the citizens an opportunity to comment concerning the “Status of Funded Activities”. Notice will be published Oct 29, 2010
Discuss and/or approve Resolution 2010-21 Authorizing a Loan and Disbursement Agreement for $170,000.
Approve Mayor/Clerk signing the Agreement for the SRF Loan.
WELL PROJECT-Discuss and/or approve Supplement to the Preliminary Engineering Report to be sent to the IDNR.
Discuss and/or approve setting a special meeting for Oct 26, 2010 to hold a public hearing to receive input from the community concerning a proposed application to the IDED for a CDBG and the City’s Community Development and Housing Needs Assessment. Notice will be published Oct 15, 2010
4. Discuss Ordinances to be adopted.
5. Discuss options for repairing the pipe at the well house.
6. Discuss and/or approve Resolution 2010-20 Setting Rates for Snow Shoveling.
7. Discuss snow removal at Midland Elementary for the 2010-2011 school year.
8. Discuss old school building.
9. Discuss letter and/or approve reimbursement to Marv Vacek for plugged sewer at Vernice Law residence.
10. Discuss and/or approve bids for tree trimming and removal.
11. Public Response.