City of Oxford Junction, Iowa
Posted: November 11, 2013
PUBLIC MEETING OF OXFORD JUNCTION CITY COUNCIL
November 12, 2013 7:00 p.m.
MEETING ROOM OF WREGIE MEMORIAL LIBRARY, 105 W. BROADWAY
CALL TO ORDER
1. Approve agenda
2. Approval of consent agenda: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion.
a) Minutes of Oct Reg & Spec
b) Nov Bill List
c) Oct Financials
3. SOFA Hearing –To discuss status of funding for the well project.
4. Visitors- Gary Hughes-ECICOG; Marc Ruden-IIW Engineers
DEPARTMENT AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
FIRE DEPT-Discuss well #3
JONES COUNTY SHERIFF –
MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT-Charlie DOT physical.
STREETS-Discuss lining of sewer on 1st Ave S. The street is sinking in about 4 or 5 places.
LIBRARY- Discuss and/or approve Tina Burda to library board.
JUNCTION FOR OPPORTUNITIES-
WELL PROJECT-Discuss voltage issues with well #2.
Discuss and/or approve authorizing the Mayor to execute an amendment request to extend time of performance and increase grant participation for the CDBG Program funded Water Project.
Discuss and/or approve Pay App No 2 from Shawver Well Company for $6,683.25
Discuss and/or approve Change Order No 1 from Shawver Well Company in the amount of $1,668.13
Discuss and/or approve letter of completion for Contract A
Discuss and/or approve Pay App No 2 from Peerless Service Company for $5,417.99
5. Discuss nuisance houses/ECICA Meeting
6. Discuss hiring seasonal help for snow plowing.
7. Discuss and/or approve Resolution 2013-12 Library Director Wages
8. Discuss and/or approve Resolution 2013-13 Holiday Pay
9. Discuss and/or approve renewing liquor license for the Legionnaire Ballroom.
10. Discuss the new Jones County Hazard Mitigation Policy information
11. Discuss setting up a budget work session.
12. Public Response.