City of Oxford Junction, Iowa
Posted: November 8, 2010
PUBLIC MEETING OF OXFORD JUNCTION CITY COUNCIL
November 9, 2010 7:00 p.m.
MEETING ROOM OF WREGIE MEMORIAL LIBRARY, 105 W. BROADWAY
CALL TO ORDER
1. Approve agenda
2. Approval of consent agenda: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion.
a) Minutes of Oct Regular & Special Meetings
b) Nov Bill List
c) Oct Financials
3. Visitors: Gary Hughes-ECICOG; Kathleen Oberbroeckling-water bill;
4. Public Hearing: To hear citizen comments concerning the Status of Funded Activities for the current CDBG Water Main Project.
5. Public Hearing: To receive input from the community concerning three ordinance changes. No livestock in city limits, changes to the mowing ordinance and amendments to the flood plain ordinance.
6. First reading of the “no livestock” ordinance.
Optional waiving of the 2nd and 3rd readings of the “no livestock ordinance”
Approve and adopt the “no livestock” ordinance.
First reading of the changes to mowing ordinance.
Optional waiving of the 2nd and 3rd reading of the mowing ordinance.
Approve and adopt the new mowing ordinance.
First reading of the amendments to the flood plain ordinance.
Optional waiving of the 2nd and 3rd readings of the flood plain amendments.
Approve and adopt the amendments to the flood plain ordinance.
DEPARTMENT AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
JONES COUNTY SHERIFF
MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT-Discuss and/or approve getting new cell phones. Review inspection report for lagoons.
MAYOR-Discuss options for box/blade/loan on new truck. Discuss selling other City truck(s).
CITY CLERK- Discuss setting budget meeting
JUNCTION FOR OPPORTUNITIES-
WATER MAIN PROJECT-
7. Discuss and/or approve Resolution 2010-22 Holiday pay for employees.
8. Discuss and/or approve what date holiday pay will be paid and what date mayor/council will be paid.
9. Discuss semi parking.
10. Discuss trailer on 1st Ave S.
11. Public Response.