City of Oxford Junction, Iowa
Posted: November 10, 2008
PUBLIC MEETING OF OXFORD JUNCTION CITY COUNCIL
November 11, 2008 7:00 p.m.
MEETING ROOM OF WREGIE MEMORIAL LIBRARY, 105 W. BROADWAY
CALL TO ORDER
1. Approve agenda
2. Approval of consent agenda: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion.
a) Minutes of Oct Regular Meeting
b) Minutes of Oct Special Meeting
c) November Bill List
DEPARTMENT AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
JONES COUNTY SHERIFF-
MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT –Bids for City Equipment for Sale, Backhoe
MAYOR-Cast iron sewer pipes
CITY CLERK-Budget workshop in Waverly on December 11th, Data Tech
JUNCTION FOR OPPORTUNITIES-
WWTF-Discuss and/or approve Pay Application #12 from Connolly Construction
Discuss and/or approve the Release of Claims form from Connolly Construction
Discuss and/or approve Statement of Final Completion and Owner’s Acceptance of the Work with
MSA and Connolly Construction
4. Discuss and/or approve when to issue Council paychecks.
5. Discuss and/or approve renewing Class C Liquor License w/catering privileges, outdoor service and Sunday Sales for Legionaire Ballroom. (expires Dec 19)
6. Discuss and/or approve extra holiday pay for City employees.
7. Discuss and/or approve Resolution No. 2008-16 providing approval for assignment of the cable television franchise to MCC Iowa LLC.
8. Discuss trees in front of Larry Ewing’s (314 Fairview) and Josh Nicely’s (210 2nd Ave N)
9. Public Response.
Discuss leaf burning times.