City of Oxford Junction, Iowa
Posted: May 7, 2012
PUBLIC MEETING OF OXFORD JUNCTION CITY COUNCIL
May 8, 2012 7:00 p.m.
MEETING ROOM OF WREGIE MEMORIAL LIBRARY, 105 W. BROADWAY
CALL TO ORDER
1. Approve agenda
2. Approval of consent agenda: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion.
a) Minutes of April Reg
b) May Bill List
c) April Financials
3. Public Hearing for fire dept roof grant application. Discuss and/or approve Resolution 2012-12 Application to USDA for a grant for the fire dept roof.
4. Visitors-Carol Hodgen (water leak); Gary Hughes-ECICOG
DEPARTMENT AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
JONES COUNTY SHERIFF –
MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT-Discuss Wink’s annual review. Discuss and/or approve Wiese attending lift station class in Bettendorf on May 17th. ($20); Discuss and/or approve Wiese & Wink attending electrical class in Maquoketa on May 10th & 11th. Class is free.
MAYOR- Discuss Natural Gas for the City; Discuss City planning packet; Discuss tennis court
BUILDING REVIEW/SIDEWALKS-shed at Keeney’s; shed at Burda’s
LIBRARY- Appoint Barb Dobling to library board
JUNCTION FOR OPPORTUNITIES-
CURB/GUTTER- Discuss Spear Financial
WATER MAIN PROJECT-Authorize Mayor to request and execute an amendment to the CDBG Funding Agreement with the Iowa Economic Development Authority to extend time of performance through June 30, 2012 for the purpose of requesting additional budget authority to draw-down residual grant funding remaining as a balance available following completion of the City’s water distribution project.
Authorize the Mayor to execute an amendment to the CDBG Administrative Service Agreement with the East Central Iowa Council of Governments to extend time of performance through June 30, 2012 for the purpose of processing a request for additional budget authority, as well as close-out the project.
5. Discuss and/or approve council members attending small city workshop.
6. Discuss junk cars in town.
7. Discuss and/or approve renewing liquor license for Coon’s Corner and TLZ Stop.
8. Discuss and/or approve tree bids.
9. Discuss and/or approve Resolution 2012-11 Water Quality Report for 2011.
10. Discuss and/or approve donation to Ragbrai Committee.
11. Discuss and/or approve Last Call fencing in area behind building for beer garden for smokers.
12. Public Response.