City of Oxford Junction, Iowa
Posted: March 9, 2009
PUBLIC MEETING OF OXFORD JUNCTION CITY COUNCIL
March 10, 2009 7:00 p.m.
MEETING ROOM OF WREGIE MEMORIAL LIBRARY, 105 W. BROADWAY
CALL TO ORDER
1. Approve agenda
2. Approval of consent agenda: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion.
a) Minutes of Feb Regular & Special Meeting
b) March Bill List
c) February Financials
3. Public Hearing for 2009-2010 Budget-Discuss and/or approve Resolution No. 2009-5 FY 2010 Budget.
4. Visitors- Mark Jobgen-IIW Engineering, Grover Quinn (house at 310 2nd Ave N), Jacki Luckstead-Summer Discovery Camp
DEPARTMENT AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
JONES COUNTY SHERIFF-
MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT- Discuss and/or approve change in Ihrigís hours, discuss riding lawn mower, discuss closing 5th Ave N from Church St to North St on April 4th for an auction
CITY CLERK-Received the grant money for siren ($5710.00)
JUNCTION FOR OPPORTUNITIES-
WATER PROJECT-Resolution No. 2009-5 Agreement for Engineering Services with IIW
5. Discuss and/or approve adding more liability insurance to our current policy.
6. Discuss and/or approve employee policy & procedure manual.
7. Discuss cost increase letter from Wapsi Waste.
8. Discuss raising water rates.
9. Discuss donating to Midlandís Post Prom.
10. Discuss and/or approve Resolution No. 2009-4 Designation of Applicantís Authorized Rep. for Hazard Mitigation Plan.
11. Discuss and/or approve Change Order No. 2 from Ricklefís Excavating.
12. Discuss Workers Comp Court Date (Closed Session)
13. Public Response.
Visitors: Sharyn Jensen and Xera Tubbs-1st Ave S
Discuss housing grant (closed session)