City of Oxford Junction, Iowa
Posted: June 13, 2016
PUBLIC MEETING OF OXFORD JUNCTION CITY COUNCIL
June 14, 2016 7:00 p.m.
OXFORD JUNCTION SENIOR CITIZENS COMMUNITY CENTER, 115 E BROADWAY
CALL TO ORDER
1. Approve agenda
2. Approval of consent agenda: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion.
a) Minutes of May Reg Meeting
b) June Bill List
c) May Financials
DEPARTMENT AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
FIRE DEPT- Discuss and/or approve paying an addition bill for pump certification before the fiscal year end.
JONES COUNTY SHERIFF –
MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT-Authorize payment for the remaining balance of the generator, Discuss and/or approve Eberhart cutting down two trees at the east end of Broadway.
MAYOR- Appoint a library board member; Discuss having town hall meetings, Discuss Grant Rehabilitation Program (50% City 50% Owner), Set up annual review for Hansen; Set up 90 day review for Murray (28th)
BUILDING REVIEW/SIDEWALKS-Matt Nierling-porch & addition, Midland School-shelter, Jim Schewe-storage shed
JUNCTION FOR OPPORTUNITIES-
HOUSING GRANT-Contractor bid accepted for 505 Broadway
4. Discuss and/or approve renewing tobacco permits for Coon’s Corner and TLZ Stop
5. Third and final Reading of the Meter Repair Ordinance Change
6. Pass and adopt the Meter Repair Ordinance Change
7. Third and final Reading of the Garbage Rate Ordinance Change
8. Pass and adopt the Garbage Rate Ordinance Change
9. Discuss 201 Broadway-put back up for bids?
10. Discuss 110 Randolph St.
11. Discuss progress on DeLarm’s properties
12. Discuss making a donation each year to the Senior Center for having our meetings here.
13. Public Response