City of Oxford Junction, Iowa
Posted: June 9, 2014
PUBLIC MEETING OF OXFORD JUNCTION CITY COUNCIL
June 10, 2014 7:00 p.m.
MEETING ROOM OF WREGIE MEMORIAL LIBRARY, 105 W. BROADWAY
CALL TO ORDER
1. Approve agenda
2. Approval of consent agenda: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion.
a) Minutes of May Reg Mtg
b) June Bill List
c) May Financials
3. Visitors- Marta Petermann-Librarian
DEPARTMENT AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
FIRE DEPT-FEMA Grant & reimbursement
JONES COUNTY SHERIFF Ė
MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT-Discuss and/or approve hiring new maintenance man and Resolution 2014-8 setting pay rate for new employee; Discuss bill to Bakerís from Soper Plumbing
CITY CLERK-Set up annual review
LIBRARY- New board members approved were Patrick Cain and Jean Feuss
JUNCTION FOR OPPORTUNITIES-
5. Discuss and/or approve renewing tobacco permit for TLZ Stop and Coonís Corner.
6. Discuss proposal from Visu-Sewer for lining sewer pipe on 1st Ave S. (If we receive by meeting time)
7. Discuss applying for housing grant.
8. Discuss and or approve closing Broadway from 6th Ave-7th Ave on July 5th for auction at 601 Broadway
9. Discuss allowing a maple tree to be planted in the ROW in front of 401 Church St to replace one cut down.
10. Discuss well #2 and fire dept taking over
11. Discuss progress on DeLarmís house
12. Public Response.