City of Oxford Junction, Iowa
Posted: February 8, 2016
PUBLIC MEETING OF OXFORD JUNCTION CITY COUNCIL
February 9, 2016 7:00 p.m.
OXFORD JUNCTION SENIOR CITIZENS COMMUNITY CENTER, 115 E BROADWAY
CALL TO ORDER
1. Approve agenda
2. Approval of consent agenda: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion.
a) Minutes of Jan Reg Meeting and Jan 20th Budget Work Session
b) Feb Bill List
c) Jan Financials
3. Visitors-Bill Harden-chickens & water leak from 2 years ago
DEPARTMENT AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
JONES COUNTY SHERIFF – Discuss and/or approve contract for FY17
MAYOR- Discuss and/or approve hiring someone to replace the roof at City Hall
JUNCTION FOR OPPORTUNITIES-
HOUSING GRANT-Letter from Melanie giving an update
4. Set date for public hearing for the FY17 Budget
5. Discuss alley and sewer line to the west of 1st Ave N
6. Discuss and/or approve making a resolution or ordinance making homeowner responsible for paying for frozen meters.
7. Discuss and/or approve making an ordinance requiring homeowners to install check valves on their sewer lines.
8. Discuss and/or approve raising garbage rates. (ordinance change)
9. Discuss radio read meters.
10. Discuss and/or approve donations to Post Prom and Easter Egg Hunt
11. Discuss house at 110 Randolph St. (letter from attorney)
12. Open bids for property located at 201 Broadway and award the bid (possible closed session to discuss the terms of the sale of property)
13. Discuss house at 121 Main and possibly 310 Fairview (possible closed session to discuss legal issues)
14. Public Response