City of Oxford Junction, Iowa
Posted: Dec 10, 2012
PUBLIC MEETING OF OXFORD JUNCTION CITY COUNCIL
Dec 11, 2012 7:00 p.m.
MEETING ROOM OF WREGIE MEMORIAL LIBRARY, 105 W. BROADWAY
CALL TO ORDER
1. Approve agenda
2. Approval of consent agenda: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion.
a) Minutes of Nov Reg
b) Dec Bill List
c) Nov Financials
4. Public Hearing for rewording of the definition of “junk vehicle” in the City ordinance Section 3-8-2(4) Junk and Abandoned Vehicles Ordinance.
First Reading of the Junk and Abandoned Vehicles Ordinance Section 3-8-2(4)
Optional waiving the second and third reading of this ordinance.
5. Visitors- Marc Ruden-IIW Engineers & Gary Hughes-ECICOG (to discuss well options); Dave Flory-Mayflower Cemetery
DEPARTMENT AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
JONES COUNTY SHERIFF –
MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT-Discuss putting overload springs on the red truck.
BUILDING REVIEW/SIDEWALKS- Discuss housing inspection reports.
JUNCTION FOR OPPORTUNITIES-
WELL PROJECT- Authorize mayor to sign request for an extension on the CDBG Funding Agreement.
6. Second Reading of the Ban of Outdoor Furnaces Ordinance.
7. Optional Waiving of the Third Reading of the Ban of Outdoor Furnaces Ordinance.
8. Discuss hiring extra person to help with snow removal.
9. Discuss Christmas lights.
10. Discuss and/or sign contract with Allied Waste.
11. Discuss letter from Oxford Township Trustees regarding the cemetery.
12. Public Response.