City of Oxford Junction, Iowa
Posted: August 9, 2010
PUBLIC MEETING OF OXFORD JUNCTION CITY COUNCIL
August 10, 2010 7:00 p.m.
MEETING ROOM OF WREGIE MEMORIAL LIBRARY, 105 W. BROADWAY
CALL TO ORDER
1. Approve agenda
2. Approval of consent agenda: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion.
a) Minutes of July Regular Meeting
b) Aug Bill List
c) July Financials
3. Public Hearing: Plans and Specifications, form of contract and estimated costs for the Water Main Project on 1st Ave N and Main St.
4. Resolution 2010-14 Finally approving plans, specifications, form of contract and estimated costs for Water Main Project on 1st Ave N and Main St.
5. Consideration by Council of bids received for Water Main Project on 1st Ave N and Main St.
6. Resolution 2010-15 Awarding contract for Water Main Project on 1st Ave N and Main St.
7. Resolution 2010-16 To fix a date for public hearing on Water Revenue Loan and Disbursement Agreement.
8. Visitors: Mark Jobgen-IIW Engineering; Dick Wherry-Mosquito Spraying
DEPARTMENT AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
FIRE DEPT- Discuss and/or approve giving fire dept left over budgeted money from last fiscal year.
JONES COUNTY SHERIFF
MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT-Iowa Rural Water Conference in Dubuque Sept 20-21; Convertor for pickup truck
CITY CLERK- I-Jobs money for streets
JUNCTION FOR OPPORTUNITIES-
WATER PROJECT-Discuss rate increase
WELL PROJECT-Discuss and/or approve Service Agreement for ECICOG to assist with preparation of a new Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program Water Application (to development new well).
Fill out evaluation form and hire an engineer for the Well Project.
9. Discuss and/or approve Resolution 2010-13 ECIHTF Resolution of Support.
10. Discuss a no livestock in City limits ordinance.
11. Discuss Hazard Mitigation grant application.
12. Discuss and/or approve renewing liquor license for Last Call.
13. Discuss the use of borrowed equipment and extra help during the flood.
14. Discuss and/or approve contract with AgVantage FS for LP Fuel for 2010-2011.
15. Public Response.