News & Events
Cherokee, Iowa is located along the scenic Little Sioux River in Northwest
Iowa. Our community of over 6000 has a rich history, and is full of surprises!
Check our Cherokee!
- Tiel Sanford Museum & Planetarium - It was the first
accredited museum in IOWA. This private non-profit museum is
open daily. Are you interested in early American culture or Astronomy? Check
out their Web site.
- Cherokee Symphony Conductor Lee Thorson. Members hail
from throughout Northwest Iowa
- Cherokee Community Theatre
- Buffalo Ridge Wind Farm
- Cherokee Mental Health Institute
- Sioux Valley Memorial Hospital
- Western Iowa Technical College and Conference Center
- Cherokee Parks & Recreation
- Cherokee Chamber of Commerce