Marc N. Barrett
- Permanent Address:
- 16 Susan Lane
- Council Bluffs, IA 51503-5024
- phone: (712) 322-7692
- fax: (712) 329-9615
- Electronic Address:
- , Ames, IA
- Bachelor of Arts Degree -- August 1995
- Major in Political Science with emphasis on Foreign Policy
- Minors in Computer Science and Economics
- Iowa Western Community College, Council Bluffs, IA
- Associate in Applied Science Degree, Electronics Engineering Technology -- March 1990
- Assistant System Administrator, Graduate Chemistry Department, Iowa State University
- Installed and maintained software for analyzing date from Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging instruments.
- Did routine maintenance of Unix workstation systems.
- Installed TCP/IP software on MS-DOS/Windows and Macintosh personal computers and Unix workstation systems.
- wrote customized user environments in Unix shell scripts, involving X11 "X-Windows" networking and NFS remote file systems.
- Did some C programming on Unix systems, involving Motif for X11.
- Did some work with Unix multimedia systems.
- Systems used included Ultrix (Unix) DECstation, SUN SPARCstation, MS-DOS/Windows PCs, and Macintosh systems.
- Legislative Intern, Iowa Legislature, Des Moines, IA
- Assisted State Representative with issues involving the Iowa Communications Network, a $200 million state-wide fiber-optic network created for multi-way audio/video purpose such as Distance Learning. Assisted State Representative with technical issues involving the network.
- Coursework including programming in C, Pascal, FORTRAN, and Motorola 68000-series assembler.
- Programming for Macintosh in CodeWarrior C.
- Systems used for coursework including Macintosh, MS-DOS, Windows, Unix/Ultrix DECstation, and VAX VMS.
- Systems and Operating Systems used for general use include PowerMacintosh, MS-DOS, Linux, Windows 3.1, and Windows 95.
- Have experience composing HTML documents for the World Wide Web.
- Iowa State College Republicans
- Managed group promotional campaigns.
- Assisted regional party candidates with political campaigns.
- Eagle Forum Collegians, ISU Chapter
- Vice chair of the group
- Available upon request.