June U. Walker
710 – 20th Ave, Apt. 12, Coralville, IA 52241
Art teacher - K-12
· Special expertise in painting, ceramics and multimedia
· Studio experience working with diverse mediums, focusing on basic elements of art and design
· Experience in designing integrated lessons in collaborative setting and team teaching
· Technology skills in the use of various software applications
· Proactive classroom management
· Facilitate open learning environment that encourages creativity, problem solving, and acceptance of a diversity of ideas
· Proficient in American Sign Language
B.A. Art Education, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Dec. 2001
Substitute Teacher, K-12, Cedar Rapids Community Schools, Spring 2002-present
(Also substituting at: College Community, Linn-Mar, Marion, and Tanager Place School)
Assist students with assignments; use proactive classroom management strategies.
High School Art Substitute, grades 9-12, Linn Mar HS, Marion, October 2002
Designed art activities, guided students in the completion of projects and assessed their progress.
Saturday Morning Art Workshop Teacher, K-7, Art Education Department, Spring 2001
Planned, prepared, and instructed course in mask making that included cultural and social implications for this art form.
Guest Teacher, HS, West High School, Iowa City, Spring 2001
Organized and presented ceramics lesson; guided students in the completion of their projects
Art Practicum, grades 1-6, Shimek/Lucas Elementary Schools, Iowa City, Spring 2000
Observed and helped instruct first, second, fifth, and sixth grade art students.
Volunteer Art Instructor, grades 6-8, United Action for Youth, Iowa City, Fall 1999
Designed art activities for MS At-Risk students and guided them in the completion of their projects.
Middle School Art, grades 6-8, Franklin Junior High, Cedar Rapids, Fall 2001
· Planned, prepared and organized materials for thematic units in culturally diverse settings
· Collaborated with teaching teams in social studies, language arts, and math.
· Developed lessons and accommodating materials for students with special needs
· Used proactive management strategies and motivated students through an active learning environment
ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Custodian, Weber Elementary, Iowa City, May 2003-present
Work with custodial staff to provide clean and safe learning environment for students.
· Elks, Fahrney, University of Iowa Full Tuition, Kiwanis, Schwartz, and Wal-Mart Scholarships
· Dean’s List
Art Educators of Iowa
Integrated multimedia in ePortfolio including lesson plans, assessments, accommodations, and reflections
Letters of references at Educational Placement Office, The University of Iowa
302 Lindquist Center N, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 (319) 335-5353